Capacity Enhancement at SRIJAN
SRIJAN regularly conducts trainings for its beneficiaries etc. through various media, at various levels and across various themes.
- Trainers: Srijan employees – National Professionals (NP), State-level professionals(SLP), village resource people (VRP)
- Methodology: flip charts, presentations, videos/movies, photos, street plays, exhibitions, kisaan melas, mobile vans etc.
- Duration and frequency: depends on requirement – agriculture/horticulture based trainings happen seasonally, others 2-4 times a year
- Level of training : trainings are organised at village, cluster, block, district and state levels depending on content and requirement
- Types of training
- Para Professional training : training of krishi and pashu sakhis in agriculture/horticulture and livestock management
- Employee training – new and refresher training for new and existing employees, for both thematic modules and communication
- SHG training: training SHG members in group management, leadership, bank linkages, record and bookkeeping etc.
- Agriculture/horticulture training: seed management, seed bed preparation, sowing, post sowing management, weed control, pest management, harvesting, market linkages etc.
- Livestock and poultry rearing training: livestock health, food and shelter management, disease prevention and cure, fodder and supplements etc.
- Natural resource management training: soil and water conservation, irrigation techniques etc.
- Exposure visits: visits to villages in other blocks/districts/states for on field training and understanding of best practices