Scope of Work
- Financial accounting and review of programme budget with programme personnel at branch office. Administrative, Logistics and IT Support at branch level.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account and Trial Balance of the organisation
- Carrying out Budget Variance analysis
- Preparation of Budget for the programme including costing of various components
- Development of unit costs and cost tables based on actual expenditure for number of years in a project
- Work closely with the Financial Responsibility Centre head on controlling costs and measuring variance from budget, on implmenting various accounts and financial policies
- Reporting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, cash and fund flows and budget variances, deviation by staff from accouting norms
- Working with beneficiaries on their livelihoods promotion, especially keeping accounts of their business units
- Obtaining bills/invoices/claims, checking and verification of the same and obtain approval from competent authority.
- Prepare vouchers; make payment as per existing policy and feed in accounting software.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation on monthly basis and file it is respective bank file.
- Reconciliation of transactions between branch and Head Office on quarterly basis.
- Ensure that proper financial procedures and systems according to SRIJAN’s laid down policies are implemented and maintained.
- Review, operate and monitor internal procedures of cash and bank accounting transactions, generate reports and ensure controls.
- Monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual projects as against budget, and provide timely advice of likely over or under-spends.
- Ensure compliance with organization policies, donor requirements, and local regulations in respect of financial and other matters (e.g. Registration, taxation and labour laws).
- Help in preparing budgets for proposals, operations and on-going projects.
- Submit periodic financial reports to CEO, MC and Head Office Finance team.
- Provide support and advice in accounts and documentation to the programme and field level staff members.
- Visit field offices, beneficiary groups for supervision and monitoring purposes as well as for audit.
- Prepare accounts for audit and act on the recommendations of Internal and External Auditor(s).
- Maintain an effective filling system to ensure fast efficient storage and retrieval of financial information
Administration and Logistics Support
- Ensure fulfilling laid down procurement policies of SRIJAN such as obtaining quotations, issuance of contracts for supplies and service and obtaining deliverables in time.
- General office administration i.e. office operations and proper office maintenance.
- Ensure logistic needs of travel of staff, consultants, interns including ticket bookings etc.
- Ensure safe keeping of all administrative records both electronically and hard copies.
Supervise and manage the inventory process.
- Maintain Stock register and Fixed assets register as per prescribed format.
- Ensure that the computer and all communication equipment are functional and properly used.
- Assist programme personnel for organizing workshops, events, meetings in or outside office premises and arrange for logistics and program support.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Candidate should at least be a Commerce Graduate (B.Com). Any other relevant qualification would get preference.
- Should be well versed with accounting software Tally ERP, Volac etc.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience actual working experience would be preferred.
- Should be able to communicate in English also ability to type both in Hindi and English.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office with advanced Excel proficiency.
- Must be a team player.
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field and to other cities and towns
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues.
- Salary would be in between Rs.15000 to 30,000/-(negotiable).